Saturday, May 19, 2012

"Father Sky"

I saw a light in my eye last night

It was a vision from Father Sky

He grabbed my soul

And asked me why.....

We've left our Mother to die?



Winds of truth began to blow

I realized there was nowhere to go

He had me captive

And wanted to know......

Where did our spirits go?



I stood up with tears in my eyes

Begged forgiveness as I cried

Tried to tell him, I don't know why

It seems they want it all to die.



He told me stories long and cold

Tears falling on the Red Road

Showed me peoples

That I've always known

I see their faces....

Spirits...



I stood up with tears in my eyes

Begged forgiveness

Tried to tell him, I don't know why

It seems they want it all to die......



So now I'm asking

Are you willing to try

It'll cost you nothing

Not a piece of your life...

Can you step back

So the lies aren't so bright....



When the Father asks you

To look him in the eye

Will you love the Mother.....

If not.......

You better tell him why...



Father Sky...

He's tired of your lies......

It's over...

He's tired of your lies...

Our blessed parents....

You're going to answer Father Sky...

Our weary Mother is tired of the lies......





© 2012 Defense Counsel

2 comments:

  1. Wado Equa. Bless our people and give us peace ,balance and harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what you have written here are powerful words. if they cannot touch a mans spirit, that man has no heart. the abuse of mother earth has gone on for far too long and we can only hope that it is not too late and we are not too few to help bring about renewal.

    ReplyDelete